Shipley Masjid Association aim is to construct a holistic well being; of mind, body & spirit. We at Shipley Masjid Association hold an annual charity bike ride every year to raise funds support the locality of Shipley and to instill a sense of achievement in the individuals who partake in the annual bike ride and most of all we aspire to have fun.
Many individuals who join the bike club have said they feel a real sense of brotherhood and feel are becoming healthier well-rounded individuals.
Cycling is one of the easiest ways to exercise. Cycling a low-impact type of exercise, so it's easier on your joints than running or other high-impact aerobic activities. But it still helps you get into shape. Regular cycling can help you lose weight, reduce stress, improve your fitness and strengthen your heart.
For example, someone who weighs 80kg (12st 9lb) will burn more than 650 calories with an hour's riding, and tone their lower body. If you ride up hills or off-road, you'll also work your upper body.
Cycling Safety Tips
- Look behind you before you turn, overtake or stop
- Use arm signals before you turn right or left
- Obey traffic lights and road signs
- On busy or narrow roads, don't cycle next to another person
- When overtaking parked cars, watch out for car doors opening suddenly and allow room to pass safely
Get Involved Contact: